The Oliff's

The Oliff's
Back: Amos Lewis, Thomas Millen, John Thomas, Ella Louise / Middle: Janet Mary, Mrs Louise Florence Oliff, Hon. Albert Thomas Oliff / Front: Percy Charles, Edie Kate, Albert

Sunday 4 August 2019

Amos Lewis Oliff

Haven't updated for ages but today I was having a sort out and found a letter in one of the many boxes of memorabilia.

The letter is written to my granddad Herbert Oliff by his brother Amos dated 17th November 1922

Its quite fascinating to read although it would seem that poor Amos was having a hard time. I remember my dad telling me years ago that Albert cut off one of his children because he didn't approve of his relationship. I don't know how true this is but maybe this is the reason why Amos seems so upset in the letter.

The paper it is written on is very thin so the last pages are harder to read as it was 2 sided.










No comments:

Post a Comment